Meditation & 7 Mantras To Have A Magical Day
"There are only two ways to live your life: One as if nothing is a miracle. The other as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
I live in LA and I hear it everywhere. "My life has changed so much since I started meditating." "Do you meditate?" "I meditated this morning and..." "It's only 10 minutes in the morning and meditation will change your life." "I'm feeling connected today, I meditated."
I see at least one person every day wearing a t-shirt that says "Highly Meditated."
I'm not trying to criticize these people at all as I am giving in to all of the hype and I have began practicing meditation. After being told a gazillion times by strangers, I had an acting teacher talk about meditation and how it completely changed his life (as well as how great it is for actors), which really inspired me to try and start a regular practice of my own.
I'm finding it hard to get into a structured routine of meditating everyday, so to be honest I am partially hoping if I blog about it I will hold myself responsible to stick with it (which is hard for me- I'm a quitter. I'm not proud of that and I am working to change it!!!). I also love reading/hearing about other peoples spiritual journeys so I thought it would be fun to start sharing parts of mine on here.
This morning I did a guided meditation using the Insight Timer app (which I highly recommend!). I meditated to "Morning Meditation with Music," and in it Jonathan Lehmann announced 7 mantras for a magical day (who doesn't want to have one of those?) that I wanted to share with the internet! Even if you don't meditate, I have found that choosing one (or all) and repeating it over in your mind will bring a new sense of optimism to your day!
7 Mantras To Have A Magical Day
1. I make plans but I remain flexible and open to the surprises that life has in store for me. I try to say "yes" as often as possible.
2. I cultivate patience, and by doing so I also cultivate self confidence.
3. I welcome the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone, and I do not let myself be guided by fear.
4. I love myself unconditionally because it is essential to my happiness. I love the person that I am and I do not need other peoples approval to love myself fully.
5. I am going to drink water, eat fruit and vegetables, walk, take the stairs, exercise. Today I am going to give love to my body.
6. I give everywhere I go. Even if only a compliment, a smile, or my full attention. Listening is the best gift I can give to those around me.
7. I try to be impeccable with my word. It is counterproductive to speak against myself or against others.
I hope you find these inspiring the same way that I do!